|For more information, contact Kim at: KimB@bringingfamiliestogether.com
Classes beginning Thursday, January , 14, 2016
“All misbehavior is communication. When children feel understood, valued, powerful and loved, there is less need to misbehave.”
|For more information on RCB, visit: www.incaf.com
Course Information Sheet
Do You Recognize one of these Children?
- A teenager who breaks the rules?
- A toddler who demands your attention?
- Siblings who fight?
- The whining child who says “I Can’t”?
- A child wanting to be the center of attention?
- A child who gets into power struggles?
|RCB Course OutlineThree hours per session over a five week period (or two and one half hour sessions over a six week period) totaling fifteen hours.
Session 1: Paradigm shifts; getting participants into a learning position in order to shift ong held beliefs.
- Factors that influence a child’s personality
- Bonding Groups as a team and support system
- Methods to handle fighting
- Replacing fighting with Negotiation and Cooperation
Session 2: Encouragement vs. Praise
- Learn and teach children that mistakes are not “bad”
- Messages we give children
- Autocratic vs. Democratic methods of discipline
Session 3: Identifying children’s mistaken goals of behavior
- Identifying the adults feeling/buttons for each mistaken goal
- Correct diagnosis of a child’s goal and understanding basic belief system of that goal
- Redirecting the behaviors
- Discover patterns that provoke conflict and redirect behavior
Session 4: Communication skills
- Replacing punishment with consequences
- Steps for resolving conflict and creating closeness
- Family/group meetings and guidelines
Session 5 :Refining skills for family/group meetings
- Improving partner/co-worker communications
- Learning how to support partner/co-workers
- Review all skills and concepts
- Acknowledgment of all students (Certificate of Completion)
Each week participant takes home assignments to practice new techniques. In addition, at the beginning of each session we take time for trouble shooting and success stories.