Become a Foster Parent!
Upcoming information sessions on fostering
Please visit our online events calendar for upcoming information sessions on mentoring. Our Foster Care, Adoption & Mentoring Information Sessions are held in person / via zoom, and we would love to answer additional questions! Please read below for information on fostering.
Fostering for Teens
There is a growing need for foster homes for teenagers. Bringing Families Together has entered into a contractual agreement with Missouri Department of Social Services- Children’s Division to recruit foster and adoptive homes specifically for our teenagers in foster care. Families interested in fostering difficult teens will be given specialized therapeutic training in addition to the S.T.A.R.S. training offered to foster parents. This training will help families work with the special issues and needs that face our teenagers in care.
Who can become a foster parent?
Any couple or individual over the age of 21 who:
Are financially and emotionally stable
- Free from criminal and child abuse/neglect charges
- Understands and is willing to apply the S.T.A.R.S. competencies
- Are committed to providing a safe, nurturing home
- Are committed to working as a team player with Children’s Division, the Family Court and the birth family.
- Are willing to put forth time and personal investment even in the face of serious challenges